Thursday, October 06, 2005

Finally My Turn To Drive

Well I finally got my turn at driving the Hybrid for a couple days. It is definitely a different feel than the Acura TL. The drive has a much softer feel but one thing I notice I am doing is looking at the screen ALOT!!!! I keep wanting to know how I am doing with the mileage and trying to use the battery as much as possible. There is definitely a difference in driving style. I do see myself driving much slower and more aware of coasting when going downhill. You definitely drive slower in a hybrid. I wonder does anyone else do this or is it just me and Kevin? Let us know your style.

The brake and accelerator are much softer. I feel in the Acura I know I am pressing on the peddles and pressing hard. The Hybrid takes a softer touch. You don't need to push much to get it to go or to stop. Once you get use to it, it is wonderful. I am enjoying the driving when I get to do it. Yes, Kevin loves driving the hybrid. But I don't know if he likes looking at the screen more or driving it. Hmmm he'll have to tell us.

I have a goal though to get enough juice in the battery. I want to get 8 bars. The only problem with that goal is that would mean I'm using more gas to charge the battery than using battery to drive the car. I'll take a picture of it when I reach the goal.

Kids still love it too. They find something new everyday to experiment with.

Happy driving everyone!!! We love our new ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home